Best Bass String Duplication?

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Fri Jun 13 03:41:46 MDT 2008

I would be interested in a good supplier, too.  I gave up on Schaff for
single replacements because I would send them measurements that they would
ignore or could not read.  Don't you just love it when you get to the
customer's house, set the replacement string on the bridges and find out
that the winding goes 4 to 6 inches past the agraffe?  I've had multiple
strings that were all wrong in this way from the same ordering, and it has
happened more than once.  And sadly, not just from Schaff either.

Will Truitt