Bass Bridge Position

ricb at pianostemmer.no ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Mar 11 12:33:03 MST 2008

I'm quite sure I have no idea where you are coming from here David.
No one said anything about anyones ideas being handed down from God.
Tho since you first brought it up, I am gratified that you place
these issues in the realm of personal taste.

That said this was a reply to John D... not really into any
aposplastics.

grin..
Cheers
RicB

------------

I think it goes without saying that all designs, including design
changes,
are someone's personal preference.  The original designs weren't
handed down
from God.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

You raise an interesting fact John. Actually quite a few folks I talk
to rather like the O as is, and indeed Steinways own scaling
priorities are aimed at this kind of tone in smaller grands as I
understand it. It just goes to show that we are again not really
talking about and quantitative improvements. These kinds of redesign
changes are more along the lines of getting the piano to conform to
ones own personal tastes.... which is a fair enough proposition IMHO.

Cheers
RicB