underserviced areas

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 08:13:07 MST 2008

Hi Jon,As always, a "simple" question leads to many background
counter-questions. For example, have you just graduated from the Western
Ontario program, did the Randy Potter course just arrive at your mailbox, do
you have 20 years experience in our business, etc.? If you're very green
heading out to where you're "the only piano technician in a 1200 km radius"
might not be the best move you could make. Are you a member of PTG or
similar organization? Get to know more technicians and you're likely to hear
of some opportunities (of course that's exactly what you're doing here, but
there's plenty of folks who aren't on this list).
My impression is Canada's economy is considerably more vital and stable than
ever, so most major cities are probably a good place to start networking.
The "under-serviced area" could be a university or school system with a
technician on the verge of retirement.
Maybe if you post your resume you might get an offer??

Patrick Draine
south of your border
Billerica, MA