kawai dampers

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 15:15:23 MST 2008

Rick

The problem might be not enough weight in the damper lever to pull the felt down on the string. Try super gluing a small screw or piece of lead?to a couple of levers and see if that solves the problems. I did that to a B at the university. The extra weight didn't seem to have any impact on touch weight. At least the professor never said anything about it, but she did like that the dampers worked better.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of