Acrosonic recommendation (washelp)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Mar 28 05:34:24 MST 2008

A broker is required by the NASD to say "past performance doesn't
guarantee future results" .  I used to sell mutual funds in the 80's.  One
could say something to that effect when dealing with pianos as well, and
is probably good practice.  Also I agree with a previous post that
anything you say should be put in writing. He said/she said or heresay
arguements could lead to trouble. Buying anything used nearly always
brings a certain level of risk.  The better the piano, the lesser amount
of risk....unless of course the movers drop it!

my 2 cents

Paul

Jon Page <jonpage at comcast.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
03/27/2008 04:02 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Acrosonic recommendation (washelp)

I've changed the subject to try to get this thru... this will be the
forth try today.

Just tell them that your recollections were correct based on past
performance.
Did they ask for an inspection?

Look at it this way...
A stock broker will recommend a stock based on past performance and
future possibilities but if it tanks, does he feel obligated to reimburse?

--

Regards,

Jon Page