"pin set", test blows, string segment tension balance: Reality Check?

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 05:08:42 MST 2008

Kurt writes:

<< When it comes to string stability, test blows, "pin set" technique,

pin twisting, pin flagpolling etc...What do we actually KNOW about what is
going on, and how do we know it? >>

     I can't tell you what it is, but I know it when I feel it.
If I had to describe "setting", I would say that since how we feel the
feedback is an individual thing, and each of us has our own unique body mechanics
and (gasp), temperament, imho, the ability to leave a stable string,  will occur
in an informed individual after they have spent enough time being "mindful"
of what they are feeling and hearing at the same time.  There is a huge
difference between having 10 years experience and having one year's experience 10
times.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the