[pianotech] Unknown Grand Piano

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 06:23:29 PST 2008

Hello Clark,

   You did not state the size of the piano this
would have been much help.

    The number you give could  have been one of   two
pianos that come to my mind. Both happen to be 4' 6".

   One is the Lester scale  75  the other is a  scale 74 .
This is a Baldwin product. This one is easy to idenify.
   It has a triangle bowl with a solid bottom and sides
cast into the plate on the bent side.  It has standard
Baldwin whips with  the loop in the  repetition  spring.
  Also it comes under several names.

  The Lester has a standard Pratt-Read action with is
easly recognizable by the jack. Sometimes it's plate
 has a  "crinkle" finish.

  Pictures of the scaling at the pin block and close
up of the side of the action is of much help.

Regards,
Jack Wyatt
Dallas,

In a message dated 11/9/2008 2:25:52 P.M. Central Standard Time,