[pianotech] Weight of Kawaii

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Nov 13 14:31:30 PST 2008

And, I'm sure it is not an oak case, either, though the inner rim is probably laminated hardwood of some description.  The Cherry or Oak you see is just the surface veneer.

William R. Monroe

  Julia,

  According to the Kawai website, a Kawai RX-5 6'6" weighs 739 lbs.

  Allan

  Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

  Greetings,

           About how much does a Kawaii 6'-7" grand piano weigh? I don't believe it has an oak case, but it is a light to medium wood, such as cherry.

  SNIP

  Thanks

  Julia Gottshall