[pianotech] Yamaha GH1 tenor instability

Debra Feiger debra at ladytuner.com
Sat Nov 15 20:32:01 PST 2008

Has anyone else been as frustrated as I am trying to keep the tenor
octave of the Yamaha GH1 in tune?  Even if I pitch raise and
over-pull, by the end of the tuning, that section WILL NOT HOLD!   The
tuning pins are not loose in the block but I'm still thinking that my
next step might be to tap the tuning pins down into the pin block
along with tapping the strings down at their bearing points.  Any
suggestions?  Is this a structural problem with this model??

--
Debra Feiger, RPT