[pianotech] hours and costs to restring a Yamaha G2

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 07:13:50 PST 2008

I Always disliked this model
?Thin the soundboard around the edges while you have the plate out. These boards are uniformly too thick..390 ish.
??The process?will transform the piano into something far more musical. Use a low angle block plane & get rid of all the plastic finish too. Re lacquer & viola ! Something better than it's formerly stingy self.
?Write privately for details.
? Dale

-----

Hi Don,?
? Make an allowance for replacing dampers.?
Most of the old G2's have the tips of the tricords way below the string line, and they should be changed at the time of re stringing. I normally allow 8hrs for damper work on a re stringing job.?
As regards to re scaling, get James Arledge to make you a set of strings with Jolly loops. He will know what to do.?
?
Regards Roger?
?
?