[pianotech] Proposed California Sales Tax on Furniture Repair

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 18:28:47 PST 2008

Here in Washington the sales tax does not apply for tunings or incidental
repairs that are necessary for the piano to be tuned. This was actually
decided by a court decision specifically for piano taxation issues. Replace
a hammer shank - no tax required. Replace a whole set and you must charge
the on going sales tax rate.

Joseph Alkana RPT

  _____