[pianotech] New RPT

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 20:22:23 PST 2008

Congratulations, Jeannie!
	I felt exactly as you now feel when I became an RPT back in the '90s.
That extra confidence definitely exudes from you when you're in the
customer's home.  They pick up on it right away.  You KNOW what you're
doing, and you've proven it.  Definitely kudos to all that helped you along
the way.  Soon, you'll be doing the same for the up-and-coming techs.  And
they'll be thanking you for your help, too.  I have to say, the Guild has
really become a great organization, with a spirit of lending a hand to the
newcomers.  One might think that, after learning the craft, the older guyz
(and galz) might hoard their knowledge.  Why help someone that might become
competition someday?  I'm glad to say that I can't even name a single Guild
member that I know that wouldn't help me with their best advice when I
needed it.  On the contrary, many have come out of the woodwork to help
their fellow techs and volunteered their time and energy to teach the
skills needed to pass the RPT exams.  Our present Chapter President,
Russell Berkley, has taken it upon himself to hold classes for this
purpose.  It should be the goal of every Guild member to become an RPT and
proudly promote this achievement to the public.
	Best of luck.
	Paul McCloud, RPT
	San Diego