[pianotech] Piano Cover/Truck

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 20 06:44:50 PST 2008

Mathew & Isaac,

I have used Paul Jansen & Co. for many years 1 800 BENCHES.   They make
covers in any
material and any size.  The normal delivery is over night here in WI,
but mileage may vary.
Anyway, I find  them very fast on shipping.

My experience with heavy padded covers has been changed to recommend
the lighter vinyl cover.
They give more protection to spills, water bottles, etc while the
quilted absorb and need a dry out
period .   Additionally I find that the lighter cover is easier to
handle, and
users are more likely to put the cover back when finished using the
piano.

On the trucks you may want to put apiece of old bicycle tire on the
extensions to keep the heavy
metal from knocking ankles or ripping a door while moving through.

My $.02...

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI