[pianotech] Piano Cover/Truck

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 09:41:12 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>wrote:

>   I will be tuning at a church this weekend.  They are interested in a
> piano cover and a truck for one of their uprights.
>
> Do I need to measure anything at the appointment to order the right cover
> and truck, or will any standard size from Schaff be fine?
>
> I know there was a thread a while back about installing a grand piano
> truck.  May we start one on installation in a vertical?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> *TODD PIANO WORKS*
> Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
> (979) 248-9578
> http://www.toddpianoworks.com

Hi Matthew,

I've had great success with the trucks and covers from Jansen Piano
Accessories in Oshkosh,WI phone 1-800-236-2437

They make their own covers and offer a choice of materials and ready made
covers for common brands of pianos.
I don't know if they also make the trucks but prior to knowing about them I
purchased trucks from other suppliers that came wrapped in the Oshkosh, WI
newspaper which led to me to believe, if they don't, they are a wholesale
supplier to others.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404