[pianotech] Weickert felt on 1973 yamaha C7

Starr Taylor st.piano at verizon.net
Thu Nov 20 19:16:02 PST 2008

Greetings Listers,

My friend Dale Erwin has asked me to get on board so to speak and join in the fray. I can't wait to talk to the great white father. I'll buy anyone a beer in CA if they can guess who this is.

As to the C7: New block, pins & wire, keys bushed, new Weickert hammers with new shanks. Tons of bearing on this old dog and though not as punchy with new music wire, the new hammers are sweet and singing. Out of the box I loved them. The old "American Tonal Envelope" (I've copyright that phrase : ) ) of smooth, round and warm was nice on the ears. Of course, this is the shop floor-concrete-and the choir room at the church is carpet. 8-1 on the strike point brought it up enough to break in the new hammers. Extra juice on the upper treble. This  Weickert set was one of 4 out the door and I'm looking forward to my next set. I have put on Abels, Renners, Imadegawas, the old Schaff hammers and Ronsen Wurzen, VFG & Bacon felt ( this is great for older soundboard systems, Steinways as an example,) and these Weickert hammers have just become my favorite. More later.

Starr Taylor RPT

www.saintpiano.com

Tampa Bay Dealer for Charles R. Walter Pianos
The Best Boutique Instruments made in the USA

www.walterpiano.com