[pianotech] Weickert hammer set

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 07:27:38 PST 2008

? Hi David
? This what Ray posted the other day when he cut these open.
?The other picture of the felt cut thru the strike point was done right before I took this shot.
???? Good qustion & thanks for asking.
? Dale

Hi Guys,

?

I like your model Starr, can we bring her to the conventions? You should probably send the set back and get what money they will give.

?

You guys know how I like to cut open hammers to gauge how much stretch the felt has. When I cut the first bass and it opens up immediately to 5/8", that is a pretty good indication of good tension in that set. I cut open the first bass on a Weickert that is going to Jude Revely, and it opened up 15/16"! Within 30 minutes it was at 1.25". Love this felt!

?

Ray

?

?