[pianotech] Weickert hammer set

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 09:46:49 PST 2008

?? David
? Yes, I've cut open hammers like this for years as well and most hammers have so little of this quality that I wonder how they work. Also in squeezing these Weickert hammers, I notice?they have a super ball kind strength,?a strong compression component?exists that shows compression down the ?middle to the underfelt and I can see the shoulders flex too. I have too them squeeze hard to get this,which is good,?but it is definitely there. This is the felt doing this as well as the pressing.
?? After doing this for years I know that when this?characteristic is present it?insures sustain & voicing stability no matter what brand of hammer it is.? Capishe?
???This felt is truly a different animal. Pun intended. Ray says? he has to keep the skiving knife sharp as it dulls quickly. The hammer Meister says.."I love this felt" so right from the sheep's mouth
? Dale

Hi Dale,?
?
If that's the case then I would say the tension is outstanding!?
?
I've only had a few sets of hammers over the years with that much tension and they were some of the best sounding hammers I've ever used....?
?
Looking forward to trying a set....?
?
thanks,?