[pianotech] Kimball

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Nov 24 14:51:57 PST 2008

I hear your pain, Avery.

I just passed on a request from a lady 3 hours away for some sort of grand
that hasn't been touched in many many years.  I'm full time here at UNL,
so I gladly referred her to some other techs! She asked for a quote...I
thought of saying $400, but then I stopped ;>) Nobody is anywhere near her
town in rural NE. (at least on the PTG list!)   So....do I accept $400?
Still sounds too cheap...what would I do if there was major problems not
fixable??

Just smile and take what you get....unless you don't (as Kent Webb always
says!)

Paul

"Avery Todd" <ptuner1 at gmail.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
11/24/2008 04:39 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[pianotech] Kimball

Groan. I can't believe I just let myself be talked into tuning a Kimball
spinet! LOL
I know, I know. I've made a lot of money over the last 40 yrs. or so
working on those,
but I just don't normally do them any more, being mostly retired.
Unfortunately, I just
didn't know anyone to refer her to in that area. Besides, I need brake
work done! LOL
Thankfully, my ETD will make the job easier!

Avery