[pianotech] OFF topic

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Nov 25 03:55:36 PST 2008

Les:

This is common as we age and there's some research trying to figure out the reason.  I don't hear things as a half-step flat I'm just not as accurate as I once was.  I can normalize my pitch sense as soon as I hear and verify a tone, and I'm much more accurate with the sound of a piano than I am with say an organ or a clarinet.  Before I turned 50 it was much better.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu