[pianotech] substitute technician question

Raymond Irving rirvingbas2 at mac.com
Wed Nov 26 14:40:23 PST 2008

List,

Next week I will be tuning a grand for the music department of our
local community college. The usual technician is a well respected RPT
member of our Chapter, who is out town currently. My question is: if,
in the course of my service, I notice something amiss, not necessarily
urgent, should I go ahead and deal with whatever, should I give the
regular guy a call first, leave a note? Mind you, I haven't seen the
piano yet, so the question is largely theoretical. What is your normal
protocol?
Thanks to all, and OT, a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Ray Irving