Disinfecting Piano: ( Sorry Bill, but "bleach" might not be such a good idea.)

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 10:22:35 MDT 2008

Not if it's chlorine-based, anyway. ( Hydrogen-peroxide might be OK, but if you're Super-Cleaning(TM) the keybed, frames, etc. that will kill all the germs, anyway. I'd clean all the direct-contact stuff with that, then blast trhe remainder with naptha ona  piano not TOO filthy, that I deemed "salvageable". )
     But you'll STILL have a stinky piano, just from "odor-creep",
on pianos that are rodent-infested in any way.
     I tried chlorine bleach, once, and 6 months later, great globs of rust were all over the keypins, strings, etc.. Chlorine bleach is extremely reactive, and the chlorine gas which helps comprise it gets into, and then seeps out of, all sorts of materials.

Euphonious Thumpe