[pianotech] Ethics and efficacy of part-time tuning

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Apr 1 06:35:07 PDT 2009

And herein lies danger.  I don't know your situation, Gene, so I'm not
suggesting that the following scenario applies to you.  I DO know other
technicians that "know" that they learned the "right" way.  Firstly, there
are many "right" ways to do things in this field.  Secondly, many of the
previously "right" ways have gone out the window as our technology and
knowledge base advance.  A technician who does not avail themselves of the
knowledge of their professional peers easily falls behind.  When you don't
associate with other professionals you prevent yourself from learning from
such a variety of different perspectives.  Invaluable, IMO

William R. Monroe

SNIP

> Having the benefit of being around my Dad with his work ethic and
> knowledge, I learned the right way..........

SNIP