[pianotech] Surcharges

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 18:45:08 PDT 2009

Dude,
  Tuesday might be special to you,but not to most people .If someone asked for a  surcharge during what is considered  a normal business day  that wouldn't sit well with me.
Just my take.
Best wishes,
Tom Driscoll RPT

  From: Matthew Todd
  Subject: [pianotech] Surcharges

        One of my days off during the week is Tuesdays.  As of right now, I am scheduled three weeks out.  I had a client call me to schedule a tuning.  She has a son who is practicing for a recital, so she needs it done next week.  I will be tuning her piano next Tuesday.  How do you all handle surcharges in cases like this?  I remember a discussion on it a while back, but cannot find it in the archives.  Do you add an item on your bill that states this extra charge, or do you just put it in with your tuning cost?  What would be a reasonable amount?  Or is this whole idea just stupid and not "keeping the best interest of my customer"

        Thanks again!

        TODD PIANO WORKS
        Matthew Todd, Piano Technician