[pianotech] poly repair charges

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 20:51:23 PDT 2009

This is for those of you who do polyester repairs.

I am going to MARC in a couple of weeks just to take Ruth's class on polyester repairs, because, according to the piano stores, and the other tuners I know, there is no one on Oahu who does this kind of work.

I know how long it takes to tune a piano, and do most repairs, and my hourly rate is based on that. But I know that poly repairs?can be?completely unpredictable. Not only that,? people are not going to pay an estimate fee for a?scratch.

So how do?you charge for this kind of work? Do you have a minimum,?and then so much per hour after that??Or what???

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943