[pianotech] Young Chang action noise

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 23:34:06 PDT 2009

Steve

The noise is coming from the wippen cushions. I had this on a Baldwin grand once, and Willard Sims told me to change the cushion felts. It greatly reduced the noise. But before you change the felts, however, try "voicing" them. Stick the needles in the side of the cloth. and/or steam them. If that doesn't do it, then you'll need to replace them .

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943