[pianotech] justify pitch raise

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 05:15:08 PDT 2009

Pretty simple really.  Strike middle C or what tuning fork you use, place it
on the piano so it resonates, play the same note on the piano so they can
hear that it's 1 key flat or whatever it happens to be lifting the fork up
and down a couple of times, makes a bigger impression that way and then
explain how it has roughly 20 tons of tension on the strings up to pitch and
that much of our time is spent raising pitch on it.