[pianotech] Key Bushing Job

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:05:18 PDT 2009

Pianotek!

BTW.. I think the 'black' gunk on the bushings is probably from earlier
graphite, or just key-pin oxidation rubbing off on the cloth.  I'm still
not convinced on the VS-profelt yet.  I tried some on dented wippen
cushions but nothing more than just putting on some water-alcohol solution
or just rubbing alch....If you dribble some of either on the key bushings,
be sure to put in some Spurlock cauls to set them. It'll work.

What is that VS made of.. Is it just a "hype" product??

Paul

Steven Hopp <hoppsmusic at hotmail.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
04/03/2009 04:58 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

<pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] Key Bushing Job

Thanks Barbara and all,

I'm going to give it a try on some lower quality uprights in the piano
store.  Now

 where do you buy the vs profelt?  I can't find it?

Thanks again

Steven