[pianotech] justify pitch raise

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 20:28:06 PDT 2009

I agree, 8 cents is too much to expect that the piano won't have some
wobblies somewhere.  Three to four cents is my general limit and even then
that's pushing it (although I have been known to push it on
occasion...shhh).  Plate flexing makes the most sense otherwise on a board
where you've pushed the crown through to negative wouldn't letting off the
tension raise the pitch :-)?  Kidding of course (before anyone takes me
seriously).

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com