[pianotech] Aural vs. ETD

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 12:20:28 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Jeff Deutschle <oaronshoulder at gmail.com>wrote:

Somethng that I've never had the guts to try, in order to find out how
> "accurate" my aural temperament is, is to tune it three times. Once on
> each sting of the unisons, with the other strings muted of course.
> Then remove the mutes and listen to the unisons. Anyone ever try
> something like this?

Strings would move around too much for anything to be proved or disproved.
Unless you started with a piano pretty much already well-tuned. Then, it
wouldn't be much of an exercise. :-)
If you did this with an ETD, you'd still not have the best unisons. You'd
still have drift.

--
JF