[pianotech] PTG membership (was Re: Aural tuning and RPT status)

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 21:43:20 PDT 2009

Wow! Your chapter is sure different from the ones I have seen and/or been
involved with. Out here we have some VERY well respected associate members
including the illustrious Bill Smith (whose now about 83 years old, I think)
who for years made the Golden Hammer Award for PTG!

We have a number of well-loved associate members in our chapter. They are
appreciated because they contribute much to the health of the chapter. They
actively participate and give back much to the organization - they also have
a lot of respect for the RPT designation.  We also have some associates who
are not well respected because they don't come to meetings, they don't give
back to the chapter, yet they use ptg to give clients the impression that
they are working at a professional standard when sometimes they don't really
know what they are doing.

You make your reputation. The fact is, most chapters have some members who
know sh#!@# from shinola. Techs whose philosophy is more in line with the
former tend to not like coming to meetings.

'nuf said.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter