[pianotech] Old upright

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Mon Apr 6 16:23:57 PDT 2009

I tuned an old upright today.  About half a dozen or so of the pins were untunable.  When I released my hand from the hammer, the pin jumped back down and the tone went considerably flat.

What would be a temporary fix here?  Would changing those pins with a size or two higher be a temporary remedy?  The coils are already touching the bushing, so I guess tapping the pins would not be a good idea.

Any thoughts please?

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578