[pianotech] Old upright

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Apr 6 18:36:11 PDT 2009

Hypo & CA
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew Todd
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 5:23 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] Old upright

        I tuned an old upright today.  About half a dozen or so of the pins were untunable.  When I released my hand from the hammer, the pin jumped back down and the tone went considerably flat.

        What would be a temporary fix here?  Would changing those pins with a size or two higher be a temporary remedy?  The coils are already touching the bushing, so I guess tapping the pins would not be a good idea.

        Any thoughts please?

        TODD PIANO WORKS
        Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
        (979) 248-9578