[pianotech] Board: trash or keep protocol

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Apr 6 23:27:42 PDT 2009

Thanks for the clarifying challenge. "if necessary" in this case
simply means if it doesn't pass the pluck test, nothing else IS
necessary. Of course if it passes, you measure crown and bearing.
Sorry to be unclear.

Totally agree with smackin' the piano hard, fff, in all sections, to
detect what you call attack distortion (I've always called it
distortion or overdrive.) Always a part of my full evaluation...
Better?
DA