[pianotech] consignment

Wayne Lutzow ibetuner at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 7 08:59:00 PDT 2009

Has anyone ever taken any pianos on consignment?

I haven't got a clue but have a lot of thoughts about it in my head.

An 85 year old lady for whom I have tuned would like me to take her
piano on consignment. She is moving and she says she trusts me.

We talked and once or twice she was almost in tears about how the
conversation was going since said I might not be able to do it. I told
her I'd have to do some research on how to handle this. All she said
was, "oh, I trust you"...like the decision had already been made when
I hadn't agreed to any thing.

I have a small crowded shop with several pianos in it already.

I do have avenues for sales presentation.

How would you do it?  I'm a softy for old ladies.

Thanks,

Wayne R. Lutzow
Twelve Tone Piano Service
Lincoln, CA 95648