[pianotech] Key height

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 17:22:04 PDT 2009

I once had occasion to call Kawai about the specs for a new model that
wasn't in the book yet. The tech I spoke with, I didn't catch his name,
couldn't locate them either.
He did tell me something that has stood me in good stead for many years
though, with the keyslip in place set a sample key so that from the front it
looks square.
Not rectangular up & down or rectangular side to side but square both up and
down and side to side.

I've tried it many times since and it always works

Good luck,

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404