[pianotech] Mileage charge

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Apr 7 18:11:24 PDT 2009

OK, let's assume you do this "wholesale" idea.

Although, I've already gone through this "kind" of idea with a tax man.

A customer's mileage is 30 miles (ignoring the fact whether it's one way
or around trip)

At 95 cents a mile = $28.50

At 55 cents a mile = $25.00

Assuming you report it a 55 cents a mile - that's $3.50 profit, right ?

Wrong, that now, becomes taxable income.

Did you really come out ahead ? It all depends on your tax rate ?

I'd stick to whats "legal"

Duaine

dahechler at att.net