[pianotech] Mileage charge

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Tue Apr 7 20:24:46 PDT 2009

I plan on 0-20 miles from my home base, no mileage surcharge. Over
20-50 miles, a $30 mileage surcharge.  I really don't plan on going
beyond 50 miles.

Yes I'll pay taxes on that surcharge... Just like all my other income.

I'll simply deduct the 55 cents a mile or whatever it is for 2009 for
all my business miles on the appropriate IRS form and add the
surcharges I've accrued to the revenue side.  Simple accounting,
perfectly legal, perfectly legit, and pays me a small token for my
time on the road that can't be spent generating revenue in a more
productive fashion.

Regards,

Rob McCall
Murrieta, CA