[pianotech] loss of a day's work

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 22:45:56 PDT 2009

What a disappointment, David. I usually just figure these kinds of things
happen from time to time -luckily its very rare. If you haven't noticed yet,
sometimes people are flaky. Sometimes I'm flaky too. We're all human.

I can understand you wanting to bill for your time but I would worry about
burning the bridge permanently. Its times like these that I'm glad I have a
few projects in the shop that always need some attention.

This is also a good reason to do reminder calls the day before. We almost
always do this. And for this reason we only deal with no-shows about once or
twice a year. We look at it as a professional courtesy. A little extra
communication is generally a good thing.

I've really tried hard to build a reputation as being easy to work with. In
your case I would have apologized for the miscommunication (even if it WAS
the other person's fault), and found something else to do that day. There is
no way the teacher is going to see it your way. Teachers and schools have
been such terrific networking opportunities I usually bend over backwards to
try to make them happy.

Just my 2 cents worth.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT