[pianotech] 100 year old Chickering Flange

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 10 15:55:30 PDT 2009

Hello,
Since I can't attach a picture of the flange, I'll describe it and see if
anyone can supply me about four from a salvaged piano.
This flange is brass and is shaped like a toboggan sled. The pin of the
hammer shank is attached similar to some upright with a brass butt screwed
to the flange. there is a repetition let-off screw in it just like wood
flanges.  I can send anyone a picture it they want to see it.

Thanks,

Ken Gerler
Gerler Piano & Organ Service
12425 Parkwood Lane