[pianotech] Pianos from the past

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 08:07:10 PDT 2009

Thanks for sharing..My mother is living in an Alzeimers unit so I have  been spending a fair amount of time there.  The affect of the residents and their connectedness to our time and place really varies.  The interesting  thing is that music, especially live, grounds my mom and the others like nothing else.  You see a profound change in them.  For want of a better phrase, the room really comes to life. She doesn't often know who I am but if she hears a song she knew, she'll sing along second ending and all.----- Original Message -----