[pianotech] Pin size in spinet

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:40:47 PDT 2009

Marcel - Good point. It's been a long, long time since I've repinned a
spinet (1980's, perhaps), I hadn't thought about the tightness factor, and I
should have. It already has several strings that bend slightly past the #2
tuning pins. I'll see what kind of tightness I get with 3's and the thin CA
glue in the hole, as Dean suggested.At least this one doesn't have the
beckets that are bent to lock the coil in place. I hate trying to pry those
off - probably would just recommend restringing if it had those. Chuck