[pianotech] To Restore or not to restore - LocTite

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:02:22 PDT 2009

Don - I don't know if there is a consensus as to what to use. I use Loc
-Tite brand in the applicator with the long, narrow applicator. I put the
piano on its back, and go apply the glue next to the pin so it follows
around the bushing. Usually if you go over it twice, it gets to the point
where no more is absorbed, and an more will run down the front of the plate
when the piano is tipped back up. I do not claim to be an expert on this,
however, so I would get the opinion of someone who used it on a more
frequent basis than I do.      Most pianos I've treated have responded more
favorably than the one I worked on today.  Chuck