[pianotech] Additional Business Building Ideas (Besides YP)

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 12:12:43 PDT 2009

Chuck

I appreciate all the advice.
?
In regard to reducing my price. First of all, in my 25 years in St. Louis,?I never had? a "sale". But here, my fee is?$10 - $30 above what all the other tuners are charging. In order to increase business, I had to lower my price to generate some new business.?I only did it for a limited period of time, and it brought in additional income.?But my "sale" days are over.?My focus now will be on building my tuning business, and my polyester repair business.??Next week I am going to MARC for the sole purpose of taking Ruth's Polyester Repair class. There is no one on this island that does that kind of repair. So I am in the process of sending out almost 300 letters to furniture stores, movers, carpet cleaner and floor layers, and house cleaning service, not to mention the piano tuners and dealers. This should generate some additional income.?

Traveling. This is a very small island, and I live right in the middle.?If I had to travel more than 20 miles, (as the crow flies), I would out in the ocean.?And if it takes me more than 45 minutes to get?to one of my customers?it means I got stuck in traffic in downtown Honolulu.??

As far as 3, 4, and 5, I already do that.?

Again, thanks for the advice.

Wim