[pianotech] 100% Cellular -- was On line YP

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 12:26:41 PDT 2009

Tom

I now use Oceanic Time Warner Cable for my TV, Internet and phone service. They warned me that when the power goes off, the phone won't work.

I was not aware that Vonage does not have an area code in Hawaii, because they advertise on TV all the time. But in the process of setting up the phone system, I over heard the technician calling Vonage on the mainland to help with the set up. Which leads me to believe that OTW is subcontracting with Vonage for the phone service. I am not experienceing any of the problems Paul mentioned, however. The service is very clear, I have voice mail, and other features.

My business phone, however, is my cell phone, which is AT&T. So I have to pay for a listing in the YP, and my business is not listed in the White Pages. But our home phone is, and I suspect that part of my OTW bill includes a small amount to be listed there.

Wim