[pianotech] Free online hearing test

Wally Scherer afinetune at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 10:31:39 PDT 2009

At ages 52 and 61 I got my hearing tested. It had dropped from mostly 0 to -10 db in the nine year span. While doing some research recently about hearing loss and sound systems in preparation for a meeting with the church music director, I ran across the following link for checking your own hearing. It's a bit complicated and not compatible with my 7 year old computer running the Linspire operating system, but some of you may want to give it a try.

http://www.digital-recordings.com/hearing-test/ht-products.html

Please let the rest of us know how it works out.

Wallace T. Scherer, piano technician, music educator
P.O. Box 4121, Lantana, Florida, USA, 33465
Telephone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://aftune.angelfire.com
FREE TICKETS: http://aftune.angelfire.com/freetics.html