[pianotech] Action Search

Anne%20Acker a.acker at comcast.net
Wed Apr 22 06:31:41 PDT 2009

Don et al,

I appreciate what you are saying.  I am quite versed in constructing actions for harpsichords and early pianos from scratch, so the layout doesn't bother me.  In fact, I have a very challenging one near the front of the queue.

What I don't want to do is take time  time to design her action when one of my workers can do an action restoration under modest supervision.   Besides,  I can't stomach the thought of looking at modern key tops for this piano, and this instrument does not warrant the expense of replacement ivory.

Anyway, this is why I thought for a first pass of brainstorming for this project, I'd see if I can find a replacement action as an solution.  If that doesn't work out, I will indeed have a new action made for it.  It's just not my first choice.

Thanks,  Anne