[pianotech] What's in WD-40?

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 09:10:08 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Jim Moy <jim at moypiano.com> wrote:

> Thought people here might enjoy this:
>
>  http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/st_whatsinside
>
> or...
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/cv5mg7
>
> "What's Inside WD-40? Superlube's Secret Sauce - The recipe for this
> superlube has long been a closely guarded trade secret—until now.
> Wired sent a can to the lab and got the ingredients..."
>
> --
> Jim Moy
> Moy Piano Service, LLC
> http://www.moypiano.com

 I never use the stuff, I found long ago that "lubricating" a lock in
Wisconsin at least with WD-40 was a temporary solution at best. It only
lasted a few days and then the lock was worse than it had been originally.
I discovereed a something called Onelube, made by one of those companies
that makes the oil additives that are supposed to extend your engine life,
Slick 50 I think it was.
One shot of Onelube in a lock and it's lubed for life, great stuff.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404