[pianotech] bass twisting direction

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Apr 26 06:11:16 PDT 2009

Dear Garret -
I'm not certain of this, but if I were JD or anyone else, I'd
probably wonder if you've thoroughly read the very recent threads,
starting respectively, with Marcel Carey's "bass strings
installation" (4/23), then to David Love's "bass strings installation
/ coil direction" (4/23), skipping over "bass strings installation /
coil direction (OT)" if you wish,  to John Dorr's "Bass String
Twisting" (4/24), to, finally, John Dorr's "bass twisting direction"
(4/24).   While I myself still have further questions about the bass
string making process and its effects upon tone, your question would
seem to have been addressed, more than once.

If you already have JD saying:
>but, as I've explained at least twice before on this list of very
>short memories
and
>Well, isn't that precisely what I said?!

I'd be a tad cautious about asking the same question yet again.  At
least try to make it sound like a different question.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY