[pianotech] Rebuild

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sun Apr 26 20:43:19 PDT 2009

I will be beginning my first partial rebuild in a few months.

A local church is giving me an Ivers and Pond grand.  I first would like to know if this particular brand would be worth spending my money on for parts.  I am not planning on replacing soundboard, block, or bridge.  Once I get it to my garage, I will be able to inspect it to see if those are needed.

Since this piano would be in an uncontrolled moisture environment, I also wanted to know if installing a complete Dampp-Chaser will keep the piano protected while it is being worked on (i.e. not only the main DC components, but also an undercover, and string cover).

Thanks,

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578