[pianotech] [CAUT] More Bohemia

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Apr 27 12:28:14 PDT 2009

Bernard.... you do indeed make it difficult to defer politely and at the
same time appropriately to you.

I said nothing about you making your material known to the <<piano
community>>.  I said <<us>> -- as in here on the PTG lists. Please take
my comments in their correct context. Indeed your article was published
in the 5 languages the Euro magazine always translates too... but that
part of the <<piano community>> resides in Europe, and the Euro was not
read in the States at the time by more then a handful if by any at
all.... The stateside part of the <<piano community>> had no idea who
you were until you showed up on Pianotech about 6 years ago. I would be
surprised if the rest of the <<piano community>> in the world knew who
any of us are.  As far as to what degree Gary Schulze's article points
to a Perfect 12ths approach.... well he says different... I most
certainly read it different... and I'll let you argue the matter with
him if you like.

I personally don't give a hoot who thought of what first.... all I am
interested in is the subject matter itself... and last time I checked...
there is no law about discussing such subject matter.  Indeed... strikes
me that the more people talk about and listen to P-12ths material in an
open and friendly environment the greater chance you will have of
selling your own software.  I'm not selling anything myself... just
offering an implementation using software equipped to render this tuning.
Cheers
RicB

    "My approach was not made known 6 years ago to the piano community,
    but  published already 21 years ago in a euro piano article from
    1988, as  Stopper temperament, where i published this method along
    with the  usage of a twelfth spanner tool and the discovery of the
    natural form  of the fifth circle which is in fact a nineteen
    octaves and twelve  twelfths circle.

    This article has been published in 5 languages . (German, english,
    italian, french and danish.)

    Gary Schulze´s article is not an introduction of a general P12
    tuning  approach."